Volunteering is a great way to help save a life, participate in a growing community and learn more about rabbit health and wellness. Join our team! We have a variety of open opportunities to fit your ideal volunteer experience. Most volunteer opportunities have flexible hours.
How To Become an HRS Volunteer
Step 1 – Fill out our Volunteer Application.
Step 2 – Attend a virtual Volunteer Orientation.
Step 3 – Sign up for your first shift through our online volunteer database!
- Must be 16 or older.
- Volunteers between the ages of 10 to 16 must volunteer with a parent or guardian.
- Must show proof of covid-19 vaccination.
- Must show proof of current RHDV vaccination (for any rabbits at home).
- Must commit to a minimum of 5 hours per month.
Some of our volunteer opportunities include:
- Paw-some Cleaning Crew: Assist our skilled Animal Caregiver with the everyday care and upkeep of our rabbits.
- Social Media Creation: Help craft fun and entertaining social media posts of our fabulous available rabbits!
- Photography: Assist in collecting high-end, print quality photographs for our various creative projects.
- Veterinary Assistants: Accrue veterinary clinic hours and experience under the supervision of our on-staff veterinarian.
- And more!